Two weeks ago I traveled to Louisville, KY with our Youth staff to the Simply Youth Ministry Conference. God was with us on our 9 hour drive there, as we managed to avoid several devastating tornados. During this conference I learned a whole lot! Besides the fact that I learned our youth director loves Cracker Barrel (who doesn't?), hates fried catfish and Chinese buffets, I also took home with me a whole new vast understanding of junior high ministry and junior high students. I also realized my brain has not developed much since my middle school years! Don’t get me wrong I do not actually understand junior high students completely, I’m not sure that anyone does. We will probably find a solution to world hunger before we completely understand them! There is one thing that I must share that I believed to be hilarious when I heard it. Kurt Johnston, one of the speakers for the jr high workshop I attended, introduced the class by telling us:
"Jesus is so full of mercy and grace that he would NEVER call anyone into junior high ministry!"
I think that pretty much sums up why I have such a passion for junior high, kinda like how some people like to run into burning buildings, or fly straight into a hurricane. As much as we try not to look at a bad car accident on the side of the interstate we always have that rubbernecking urge to at least take a peek!
No comments:
Post a Comment